When Did You Know...He Was Not The One?

A blog by two sisters who are providing an open forum for readers to share when they knew he wasn't the one. All of the topics on this blog are based on their soon to be released book. In bookstores now!

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Across Our Desk - What about Jeanine Pirro?

Is Jeanine Pirro, who is currently running to become New York State Attorney General, justified if she was in fact, in the process of hiring a private detective to spy on her husband? What lengths should you go to if you suspect your husband is cheating? Here's a portion of a transcript from News Channel 4, where Gabe Pressman goes one-on-one with Pirro...

PRESSMAN: "Is it--is it a fact that you did talk to former Police Commissioner Bernard Kerik about bugging the boat where you husband allegedly had...

Ms. PIRRO: Look. Last year...

PRESSMAN: Right.

Ms. PIRRO: ...I was--I suspected that my husband was having an affair.

PRESSMAN: Right.

Ms. PIRRO: I was very angry, I called Bernie Kerik, who was the police commissioner when I was the DA and someone that I've known for years, who was a private investigator at the time, to have my husband followed, and I vented and I talked about things, none of which were done, none of which I did. But in any event, had they been done, it wouldn't have been improper. And that's why I want a special prosecutor to look into this case.

PRESSMAN: The public is a little confused about this, I'm sure. What is legal in terms of eavesdropping? What can you do?

Ms. PIRRO: Well, first of all, there was--there was no intent, you know, to eavesdrop a phone or anything like that. I wanted--I wanted to know whether or not what was happening or what I suspected was actually happening. That's what private investigators do. But you know, this is about my marriage, and the fact that the federal government, which should be concerned about terrorism, gangs, all of the crimes and all of the issues that affect every one of your viewers today, and instead are focusing on my marriage on something that is not the proper review of the Department of Justice, is outrageous. It is using taxpayers' dollars to get involved in a marital situation where there was marital discord, where I wanted to know whether or not what I suspected was true, and what has happened as a result of this is an outrage. That's why I want a special prosecutor. I want someone who is objective looking at this. The leaking of this reeked of a political smear. And I know that I need, Gabe, to be able to clear my good name as a prosecutor, a judge and a DA."


Now, some women have innate detective skills and don't need to spend the money. While, others have the same skills, spend the money anyway, and still are left wondering if "he's" cheating. But hiring a professional is ALWAYS an option. I am also a firm believer in not searching for the answers until I am really prepared to deal with the consequences. In other words, once you start digging because you suspect infidelity, are you prepared to not only confront (once you're aimed with the evidence) but to take actions such as breaking off the relationship? Or if you stay with the relationship, can you do so without constantly snooping?

I refuse to stay in a relationship where there is no trust and that I have to resort to using the services of a private detective. I have left men in previous relationships at the first sign of their words not matching their actions.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Rights Reserved ©2007 Copyright by Wendy Bolton-Floyd and Judy Bolton