When Did You Know...He Was Not The One?

A blog by two sisters who are providing an open forum for readers to share when they knew he wasn't the one. All of the topics on this blog are based on their soon to be released book. In bookstores now!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Across the Desk of Wendy...You Can't Change Him.

...but you can TRAIN him.

Whatever you didn't like in the beginning of your relationship, you will probably DETEST later on.

When I got married twelve years ago, I discovered that there were things about my husband that I did not like. For example, I always had to tell him that the garbage can was full, and it was time for him to take it out. Or if he spilled red juice on the counter that she should not wait for me to wipe it up and that he should do that himself. Granted, these are not big issues, but they were pet peeves; and at times, since it was the beginning of our marriage, they were the things I would complain to my girlfriends about and therefore, these issues were potential show-stoppers for me. But I realized that maybe instead of silently sulking when I was with him, that I should tell him that these issues bother me. This would at least give him the chance to correct them. My husband's response? "Hey I'm train-able, just tell me what you don't like and show me, or tell me how to get it right." After our discussion, in no time, those two pet peeves of mine were corrected instantly.

Now I know that bigger issues, such as cheating, or lying can not be corrected, or even changed as easily as the issues I had with my husband. But at what point do you realize that these issues are not going anywhere? And at what point do you know that it is time to move on?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All Rights Reserved ©2007 Copyright by Wendy Bolton-Floyd and Judy Bolton